Glass Buffalo is seeking creative fiction, nonfiction, and poetry from current University of Alberta undergraduate and graduate students.
We accept previously unpublished material year-round, but the deadline to appear in our Fall 2017 issue is May 12, 2017.
Glass Buffalo is committed to publishing diverse voices and experiences, and we strongly encourage women, people of colour, LGBTQ individuals, and people of other marginalized groups to submit their writing.
How to Submit
- Email all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “[GENRE] Submission” (ex: “Poetry Submission”)
- The body of your email should contain your name, contact information, and a brief bio that includes your year and faculty
- Double-space (except for poetry) and paginate all your documents
- Use Times New Roman, 12 point font
- Name your files as “[SURNAME] — [TITLE OF PIECE]” (ex: “Smith — Untitled”)
- Attach submissions as .doc or .docx files
- There is no minimum or maximum word count for submissions, nor is there a limit to the number of pieces you can submit at a time.
If you’re interested in submitting drawings or other artwork, please send an email including the information from the second bullet point and a description of your work to email@example.com.
Contributors will be given three (3) copies of the issue that they’re published in and a one-year subscription to the magazine. Also, our payment rates for published submissions are:
- Poetry: $20 per poem
- Fiction & nonfiction: $10 per page in printed magazine
Once you submit, your name will be added to our mailing list so that we can keep you up to date on future submission deadlines and other events that you can participate in. You can, of course, unsubscribe to the list at any time.
Note on Copyright
Glass Buffalo owns first serial rights; copyright remains with the writer.